MSc Electrical Energy Systems
This education program focuses on areas of Electrical Energy Systems dedicated to several industrial applications.
They are related to energy production, its storage, conversion, transportation and consumption. The high level lectures and projects concern Power Electronics, Electrodynamic and Mechatronics, New Technologies of Energy, Energy System Control.
|Tuition Fee||9,000 EUR|
Aims of the program
This ambitious program offers an attractive societally asked expertise to design new power electronic systems and modern, innovative structures of electromechanical converters. It develops sustainable strategies of energy management for electrical systems with multi-sources and multi-loads. The novel concepts of control and diagnostic methodologies are proposed for smart actuators, smart grids and smart standalone systems.
MSc EES-M1 level offers an adaptation semester, followed by learning to strengthen the background in electrical engineering fields:
- Electrical Machines, Structures and Modelling
- Design of Power Converters
- Automatics, Real time control, Signal Processing and Optimization
- Simulations and experimental verification
- Human and Social Skills
MSc EES-M2 level includes innovative courses and advanced-level short projects around energy conversion.
- Design and Control of Static Converters
- Design and Control of Actuators
- Mechatronics, Design by System Optimization
- Stationary and Embedded Systems, Power Grids and Smart Grids
- Actuators and Generators
- Systemic Design and Eco-design
- Hybrid Systems, Smart Grids and Electrochemical Storage
- Renewable Energies
Fourth semester (M2): Long Project (6 weeks), Diploma Internship (6 months in R&D industrial centers or in a public research laboratory
Research Institutions & Industrial Partners
All teachers are researchers of the laboratories affiliated to French National Scientific Research Center (CNRS): Plasma and Energy Conversion Laboratory (LAPLACE), Chemical Engineering Laboratory (LGC) and Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems (LAAS).
A significant percentage of the lectures and industrial projects are managed or given by Industrial R&D partners such as: Airbus, Thales Alenia Space, Actia, Continental, EDF, GDF, SUEZ, CEA, ADEME, Liebherr Aerospace, Airbus Space & Defense, SNCF.
- Academic Researches: 30% of graduate students continue with a PhD
- Industrial Researches & Development in:
- Companies of Energy Production and Transfer and also Transport Companies;
- Manufacturers of Power Equipment: power generators, storage elements, power converters, propulsion actuators;
- Industry related to transport: aeronautic, space, vehicular, railway, ships.